Early Detection Is Key
Parents are usually referred to The Emerge Center in Baton Rouge by their physician or through word of mouth, though some parents have approached us directly. Generally, it’s because of concerns involving behavior, social interaction, or school performance. At Emerge, we offer comprehensive behavioral and psychological services for children ages 18 months to 18 years.
Signs To Look For
At The Emerge Center, we look for specific behaviors that are generally associated with developmental delays or disorders, such as Autism and other problem behaviors, and learning difficulties, like Learning Disorders (Dyslexia), or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Symptoms that your child may benefit from behavioral services include:
- Trouble with feeding or toilet training
- Speech delays
- Inability to make eye contact or remain engaged in activities
- Aggressive, disruptive, or destructive behavior
- Problems interacting with peers
- Issues with boundaries or obeying directions
- Difficulty in school
- Social skill issues, like trouble making friends
- Difficulty going to sleep and staying asleep
- Difficulty with self-care skills or problematic personal habits
- Mood and anxiety issues
If your child exhibits one or more of these behaviors, your first step should be to see your pediatrician.