Scheduling An Appointment
In order to ensure your child or loved one is getting the care he or she needs, most appointments require a physician’s referral. Please have your child’s physician fax a referral to us at (225) 343-4233.
Once we receive a referral, it takes between 5 and 10 business days to be processed. You will then receive a call from our Intake Coordinator to confirm it has been received and gather pertinent information regarding your specific needs. Then, depending on the type of service required, your child may be scheduled for an assessment appointment. If it is determined Emerge cannot serve your family’s needs, we gladly provide additional community resources to you. After an assessment is complete, you will need to contact your insurance provider to find out what services will be covered. Please check your benefits and be aware of your financial responsibilities.
In order to save you time during registration, you may be asked to fill out the necessary forms before you arrive to the center.
When you arrive, please have the following items ready in order to complete your registration, where applicable:
- New Patient/Client Forms as applicable:
- Children’s Development Center – Parent Handook
- Children’s Development Center Enrollment Packet – fillable
- Patient Demographics Info Form – fillable
- New Client Case History – fillable
- Psychology and Behavioral Services Intake Form – fillable
- Consent for Assessment and Treatment – fillable
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Insurance card
- Driver’s license
- Patient’s Social Security Number
Appointments are scheduled in the order in which they are received. If any appointments are cancelled, we will try to accommodate you by filling any open appointments we have.