The Emerge Center provides an array of therapeutic services to children with autism and communications challenges with the goal of maximizing their full potential. Our unique facility offers Speech, Occupational, and Applied Behavioral Analysis Therapies in addition to Social Work counseling and Audiology services. Each member of the Emerge team is an essential part of a child’s success. Our therapists and administrators ally with parents to implement strategies and tools for managing all aspects life with their children, from meal time to play time, thereby providing a holistic and evidence based approach to care. Collaboration, creative problem solving, and innovation are highly encouraged. Additionally, we offer industry experts as skilled mentors, who grant their teams an appropriate amount of independence, in a fresh and welcoming atmosphere. At Emerge, we are all motivated by the potential of our children and their families to succeed.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Part-time Therapy Technician
We are looking to hire several technicians to work with our clients at various times throughout the day for our Fall 2018 semester. The main functions of this position include working under the supervision of a Speech Language Pathologist to help facilitate speech therapy groups, assisting children with their lunchtime routines, and ensuring the safety of the children while they are in therapy. A great applicant is highly adaptable, has experience working with children and/or individuals with special needs, is open to constructive feedback, and works well as part of a team.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “PT Tech.”
Full Time Registered Line Technicians
Our full time Registered Line Technicians (RLT) work directly with clients under the supervision of a licensed professional in our Applied Behavior Analysis and Speech Therapy Departments. RLTs provide high quality, therapeutic services to address communication, behavioral, social, and self-help delays. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enter daily data for each client keeping records up to date and accurate
- Monitor data collection of target behaviors throughout the day for individual clients as assigned by the supervisor
- Maintain a current Registered Line Technician certification through the Louisiana Behavior Analyst BoardAccurately collect observation data
- Provide a language rich environment for clients to foster development
- Assist in program preparation for ABA sessions and group speech therapy
- Support and supervise clients during lunch and snack time
- Assist clients in toileting and self-help skills such as dressing and tooth brushing
- Supervise clients on the playground and other play areas at all time to ensure a safe and therapeutic setting
- Participate in a minimum of twice monthly supervision sessions with a supervisor which may include individual, small group, and large group settings