Employment at The Emerge Center offers a dynamic environment, great benefits, and work with a purpose. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our compensation and benefit plans include a competitive salary, company contribution to health and welfare plans, life insurance and 401(k), PTO, paid holidays and we offer voluntary benefits including vision and short-term disability. We care about our greatest resource—our employees.
Emerge seeks a part-time grant writer to pursue funding opportunities from private foundations and government entities. The ideal candidate would be able to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week and would be compensated by the hour, with the rate dependent on skills and experience. The grant writer would be considered a contract employee and would report to the leader of Emerge’s Development Team.
Please click HERE to view the full job description, including responsibilities and qualifications.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Grant Writer.”
Part-time Therapy Technician
We are looking to hire several technicians to work with our clients at various times throughout the day for our Fall 2017 semester. The main functions of this position include working under the supervision of a Speech Language Pathologist to help facilitate speech therapy groups, assisting children with their lunchtime routines, and ensuring the safety of the children while they are in therapy. A great applicant is highly adaptable, has experience working with children and/or individuals with special needs, is open to constructive feedback, and works well as part of a team.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “PT Tech.”
The unique programs and multi-disciplinary environment offered at The Emerge Center allows the pediatric OT to become an integral part of a child’s daily life, providing services through both direct intervention and consultation within the child’s typical day. Our staff seeks to provide compassionate, family-centered, ethical, evidence-based treatment within a positive work environment.
Emerge OTs are a valued and integral part of an interdisciplinary team which includes Speech Therapists, Applied Behavior Analysts, Psychologists and Special Education Teachers. The Emerge Center seeks to provide innovative and comprehensive pediatric therapy to a diverse population of children.
- OT license required
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Interest in being a dynamic team player
- New Graduates welcome, Level Field Work II in Peds preferred,
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or comparable
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “OT.”
Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist
Emerge offers an exciting environment, varied caseload, and opportunities for professional growth. We are looking for motivated candidates who are creative, bright, compassionate, service-minded, and team-oriented. The position offers potential for rotation through our varied therapeutic programs, including small group language classrooms, individual therapy, evaluations, full-day autism program, and educationally-focused readiness programs. If you seek challenge, enjoy problem-solving, love children, and work well with families, then you would enjoy being a part of our exceptional multidisciplinary team. Previous pediatric experience preferred. CF candidates will be considered. Part time options may be available.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “SLP.”
ABA Program Manager (BCBA)
We are looking to add an energetic, motivated, and innovative team member to our fast paced autism treatment team. Our unique treatment model allows licensed professionals to work collaboratively to provide the highest quality treatment possible to young children.
- Must hold a current BCBA certification
- Must have a Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. special education, applied behavior analysis, communication disorders, psychology)
- Must meet requirements for licensure in Louisiana through the Louisiana Behavior Analyst Board
- Certification as a BCBA Supervisor is preferred
- Must have experience working with children on the autism spectrum
- One to two years of supervisor experience is preferred
- Extensive experience completing skill assessment batteries including the VB-MAPP
- Effective team leader and team participant
- Strong interpersonal skill working with an interdisciplinary team
- Research development and implementation
- High quality supervisor of line therapists and BCBA candidates
- Supervision of undergraduate, bachelors, and master’s level direct care therapists
- Develop individualized treatment plans for clients
- Provide behavioral support in a multidisciplinary treatment setting
- Conduct functional assessments of problem behaviors
- Implementation and supervision of data collection system
- Graph and interpret behavioral data
- Conduct individual, small, and large group parent and caregiver training
- Conduct community education training (e.g., teacher training)
- School consultation as appropriate
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “BCBA.”
Registered Line Technicians
Our full time Registered Line Technicians (RLT) work directly with clients under the supervision of a licensed professional in our Applied Behavior Analysis and Speech Therapy Departments. RLTs provide high quality, therapeutic services to address communication, behavioral, social, and self-help delays. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Enter daily data for each client keeping records up to date and accurate
- Monitor data collection of target behaviors throughout the day for individual clients as assigned by the supervisor
- Maintain a current Registered Line Technician certification through the Louisiana Behavior Analyst BoardAccurately collect observation data
- Provide a language rich environment for clients to foster development
- Assist in program preparation for ABA sessions and group speech therapy
- Support and supervise clients during lunch and snack time
- Assist clients in toileting and self-help skills such as dressing and tooth brushing
- Supervise clients on the playground and other play areas at all time to ensure a safe and therapeutic setting
- Participate in a minimum of twice monthly supervision sessions with a supervisor which may include individual, small group, and large group settings
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “RLT.”