Hearing Loss Symptoms to Look For
Typical hearing loss symptoms in adults include:
- Sounds appear muffled.
- Trouble understanding conversations, especially in family gatherings or public areas.
- Avoiding social events because of difficulty understanding what people are saying.
- Answering questions inappropriately.
- Listening to the broadcasts on television, radio or online at a higher volume than before.
- Ear pain.
- Ringing or buzzing in your ear.
It’s important to point out that these symptoms may be caused by issues other than a hearing impairment. For example, an ear infection can lead to a slight loss in hearing. The key is to be examined by a medical professional and make sure you take the necessary follow up steps.